Re: Graphical Query Builder for GSoc 2008

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Christian J(dot) Wong Cruz" <cjd(dot)wong(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Graphical Query Builder for GSoc 2008
Date: 2008-04-01 14:20:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Christian J. Wong Cruz
<cjd(dot)wong(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I have some questions to ask you:
>  + Which is the preferred OS?, could it be Freebsd or MS Windows?

Windows is the easiest platform the develop on. The resulting code
must work on Windows, GTK and OS X though (don't worry if you don't
have all of those).

>  + I've read a similar post in 2006. Why the GQB is not implemented? Wasn't
> a successful idea for that year? why?

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the project never started. It was
nothing to do with pgAdmin.

>   + When is the best moment to start this project?

May 26th

Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd:
PostgreSQL UK 2008 Conference: