Re: Time to get infrastructure team-based

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time to get infrastructure team-based
Date: 2008-03-20 22:26:29
Lists: pgsql-www
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>  > On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
>  > >  I saw your request for documentation on the infrastructure but I don't
>  > >  remember anything else.  I don't se this as a core discussion because
>  > >  the team is going to be more than core folks.
>  >
>  > I've suggested a number of times that we need to decouple all
>  > postgresql.org mail infrastructure from hub.org so it can be
>  > independently managed. Numerous people have been asked the same thing
>  > here for much longer, but have given up because the answer has always
>  > been no. Thats why I've been raising it in core.
>
>  OK, so maybe there is the crux.  Who says "no" unchallenged?  I don't
>  think I can, and I don't think anyone else in this community can either.

I think you can guess who says no (if not, I'll tell you out of band).
I seem to be the only person doing any challenging and without some
nods of agreement at least I cannot do much more. We do at least have
some more documentation as of yesterday though... but the current
problems are with a whole server which that doesn't help with.

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com