Re: FW: pgAgent job limit

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Lucas, Craig" <Craig(dot)Lucas(at)asurion(dot)com>
Cc: "Roberts, Jon" <Jon(dot)Roberts(at)asurion(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FW: pgAgent job limit
Date: 2008-02-26 22:23:30
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Lucas, Craig <Craig(dot)Lucas(at)asurion(dot)com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> If we could get pgagent to compile we would make the change in our local
> copy and deploy it here. We are having a really rough time compiling
> pgagent, atleast on our dev boxes. The problem seems to be around
> manifest files and that the compiler seems to want to include
> "Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT" which is the visual studio 2008 crt dll. This
> is odd because I am compiling it in 2005, but I also have 2008
> installed. And when I compile in 2008 I get errors that it cant find
> MSVCRT90D.dll and when I copy the file into the pgagent folder I get
> other errors because its trying to pull in a dll that's not in the
> manifest file.

Craig,

I've not yet got round to trying VC2008, so cannot help with it. All I
can suggest is trying a machine with just VC2005 installed - we know
that works. You should be able to get a build environment working in
an hour, maybe 2 if you've not done it before.

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company