Re: WHAT to push to internet

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Jean-Paul Argudo" <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
Cc: "Susanne Ebrecht" <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>, "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL EU" <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WHAT to push to internet
Date: 2008-02-26 11:03:31
Lists: pgeu-general
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Jean-Paul Argudo
<jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>  >>  But we really need somebody who starts and make the layout. Don't we
>  >>  really have no web designers?
>  >
>  > Why do we need designers? We have a PostgreSQL Drupal theme - let's
>  > just use that and tweak the logo to give it a European feel.
>
>  +1
>
>  About the logo, I imagine two solutions:
>
>   * the original one from pgsql inc, with *a few* european-yellow-stars
>  around (I'd wouldn't like all the current Eu stars, because years
>  passing, there are more countries joining.. So I'd like our logo to stay
>  in a fixed form. This as also an economic interest, since our goodies
>  will last)

We don't tend to use that logo these days, but the more simple
single-line version on the www.postgresql.org site.

As for the stars, that was my first thought, but then I remembered
this group is specifically *Europe* not European Union.

>   * a completely new logo, to design. In this case we should call for
>  logos, as PostgreSQLFr did in his time:

We could do that - of course we should stipulate that it must
incorporate the elephant.

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company