Re: User Wiki

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: "PostgreSQL - WWW ML" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: User Wiki
Date: 2008-02-24 09:54:00
Lists: pgsql-www
On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 01:49 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>  > So I was thinking some more about the lack of real use that techdocs
>  > is getting coupled with the lack of any kind of spam etc. that we've
>  > picked up on it. I think we should reconsider having an official
>  > PostgreSQL wiki for users, probably at wiki.postgresql.org.
>  >
>  > Thoughts?
>
>  I guess I'll have to concede. It's quite clear that the techdocs we have
>  now doesn't work the way we intended. I'm not entirely convinced that a
>  wiki will work much better, but since others are, let's give it a shot.

Hey, that was easier than I expected.

>  AFAIK, Stefan has some experience with the options there - what wiki
>  software should we be using? Do we still have one VM empty on the boxes
>  in France we could use?

I just spoke to Stefan - we do have a spare clean VM pretty much ready
to go, originally provisioned some time ago to become a new developer
VM for the webteam, but I never got round to moving everything from
developer.pgadmin.org. We can put that to use.

The other thing we need to consider is tying this into the existing
community logon system. I believe mediawiki now supports OpenID, so we
should just see about hooking a provider into the existing database.

/D

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company