Re: Install PG3-1.8.2.2

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Wisniewski, Dawn" <DWisniewski(at)newedgenetworks(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Install PG3-1.8.2.2
Date: 2008-02-20 09:58:50
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 1:40 AM, Wisniewski, Dawn
<DWisniewski(at)newedgenetworks(dot)com> wrote:

> I was attempting to install the pgAdmin III tool on my Windows XP machine
> and it doesn't appear to be working.
>
> I run the batch file and an install screen comes up and gets about 3/4 of
> the way done and just stops and closes without any error message.
>
> I've tried 1.8.0 and 1.8.2 and both do the same thing. This is a first time
> install.

Sounds like there's something horribly broken with your Windows
Installer service/database :-(. Try running the installation with a
command such as:

msiexec /i pgadmin3.msi /l*v pgadmin_install.log

which should create an installer log we can look at.

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company