Re: BUG #3947: Unable to Initialize Data Cluster

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Fusion Software (UK) Ltd" <lee(at)fusionsoftwareuk(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3947: Unable to Initialize Data Cluster
Date: 2008-02-11 15:25:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Feb 11, 2008 3:11 PM, Fusion Software (UK) Ltd
<lee(at)fusionsoftwareuk(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:

> Glad you're on the case. Please keep me posted as we have a number of
> installations coming up in the next couple of months and we'd much rather
> use 8.3 if at all possible.

Can you check one thing for me please - on the machine that hangs then
fails to start the service, do you see netlogon starting and more or
less immediately stopping in the eventlog? You may also see notices
about PostgreSQL failing to start because of netlogon.

If so (and this might be worth trying in any case), in the Services
control panel applet, please edit the PostgreSQL service and set the
service user account to .\postgres instead of <machinename>\postgres
as it probably is at the moment. Does the service start then?

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company