Re: Bouncing replies

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Dean Gibson (DB Administrator)" <postgresql(at)ultimeth(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bouncing replies
Date: 2008-02-11 10:42:49
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Feb 11, 2008 9:30 AM, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator)
<postgresql(at)ultimeth(dot)com> wrote:

> PostgreSQL list serve output has not been connecting from
> mail.postgresql.org for a LONG time (see the headers below). Currently
> they've been connecting from various hosts at the hub.org domain, but there
> have several other non-postgresql.org connecting domains in the past.
> Whenever I stop getting PostgreSQL mail, I go check my Postfix logs to see
> what the new hostname's domain is, and update my whitelist.

Without wishing to sound pedantic, the list server itself which was
what you asserted kept changing has in fact not changed. Looking at
the headers I see the message has been relayed through the spam
filtering at hub.org as well which I didn't realise Marc was doing (I
thought he only checked incoming posts), but regardless, all mail
should be coming only from hub.org/postgresql.org machines. I'd be
interested to see where else you've seen it come from, and when.

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company