Re: BUG #3947: Unable to Initialize Data Cluster

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Fusion Software (UK) Ltd" <lee(at)fusionsoftwareuk(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3947: Unable to Initialize Data Cluster
Date: 2008-02-09 21:02:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Feb 9, 2008 8:09 PM, Fusion Software (UK) Ltd
<lee(at)fusionsoftwareuk(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I can confirm that installing the Visual C++ 2005 before installing 8.3.0
> fixes the problem. We already have to install this to make Crystal Reports
> install correctly in our package therefore we shall simply install this
> before the pgSQL installation and all should be fine.

Hmm, so that raises the question of why Microsoft's own merge module
didn't do the same job. We know it's the right one because at beta1
(or maybe beta2) we found that the main build machine for the server
and installer wasn't on SP1, whilst the machine building StackBuilder
was.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback - I'll continue to try to figure it out.

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company