Re: multiselect bug in edit grid on win32

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Kevin Field" <kev(at)brantaero(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: multiselect bug in edit grid on win32
Date: 2008-01-22 09:29:00
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 21/01/2008, Kevin Field <kev(at)brantaero(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running 1.8.1 rev 6948 on Windows 2003 Standard.
>
> If you go to an edit grid, click a row, and then shift-click another
> row, the standard behaviour on Windows (and in Firefox on other
> platforms, etc.) is to select the first row you click and second row you
> click and everything in between them. In pgAdmin instead it selects the
> first row you click by itself, plus everything from the first row in the
> entire grid through to the second row you clicked, inclusive.
>
> This is by using the row headers to select rows. A workaround is to
> click the leftmost column of one row and shift-click the rightmost
> column of another row, this works as it should (and as the above case
> should too, I think.)

Unfortunately thats down to the way the wxWidgets seperates the
concept of the selected cell (which has a thick border) and selected
regions (which are usually coloured blue). When you do a shift-select,
it does it from the selected *cell* to the position you click.

I don't believe there much we can do about that, except perhaps to
programatically move the selected cell to any row as it's selected. I
suspect that might have some odd side effects though.

Regards, Dave