Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: damien(at)dalibo(dot)info
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap
Date: 2008-01-21 09:53:12
Lists: pgeu-general

On 20/01/2008, damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info> wrote:
> hello !
>
> As you have notice, messages about the statutes for the upcoming association
> have suddenly stopped a few days ago. My guess is that's not because of lack
> of interest. i feel that this whole thread was very difficult to follow, so i
> took the 60 e-mails and tried to write a sum-up.
>
> check-it out : http://wiki.postgresqlfr.org/doku.php/pgeu:statutes_discuss

Hi Damien,

Thank you for taking the time to summarise this.

> i tried to respect everyone's thoughts (using quotes as mush as possible) in
> order to give a proper view of the issues we have to solve. however i may
> have made mistakes or forgot some ideas. If you notice any of that the best
> thing to do is to directly edit the wiki page. If you can't, please send me
> your modifications in a private e-mail.

[...]

> I'm not sure what is the best way to continue on these subjects. Maybe
> creating a separate thread for each issue, or proposing a poll, or some kind
> of wiki-based work.

I would suggest seperate threads on the mailing list - that's how most
of us are most used to working. Unfortunately, this week and next are
probably not the best times to discuss things due to the imminent
release of 8.3 which is taking up time from a number of us, but I am
mindfull of the short timeframe in which we need to make decisions
prior to FOSDEM.

Are you happy to start the threads (perhaps staggered over a few days)
and kick off the decision making?

Regards, Dave