Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, damien(at)dalibo(dot)info, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes
Date: 2008-01-13 22:22:14
Lists: pgeu-general

On 13/01/2008, Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Ciao Dave,
>
> Dave Page ha scritto:
> > Yes!! That's almost exactly what I just wrote to Andreas :-)
> >
> ;)
> > If others are in agreement, can the rules be reworked to allow for this?
> >
> I don't know if it is worth writing it in the statute. I am asking the
> French guys to confirm this. In Italy, you try and define the main goals
> and the management issues in the statute. The more practical and
> operative issues are left in an external document, which can be flexibly
> (but democratically) changed.

Yes, but you'd need some way for member *organisations* to vote -
either by giving (for example) the PostgreSQLFr board a number of
votes equal to the number of members they have, or by allowing their
members to vote in the affairs of the EU organisation.

Otherwise, only the countries with no group of their own (ie. the
direct membership you propose) could vote.

/D