Re: A thought on Index Organized Tables

From: Gokulakannan Somasundaram <gokul007(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Karl Schnaitter <karlsch(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A thought on Index Organized Tables
Date: 2010-02-26 21:01:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> It does.  The point is that the system is set up to limit the bad
>> consequences.  You might (will) get wrong query answers, but the
>> heap data won't get corrupted.
> Tom,
           if this is our goal - *"can return wrong query answers, but
should not corrupt the heap data.*" and if we make Thick indexes capable of
that, can i consider that as a thumbs up from your side? As you may already
know, this will only happen when there is a volatile function based index.

          Please let me know, if you feel otherwise.