Re: [HACKERS] Remove lossy-operator RECHECK flag?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Teodor Sigaev" <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Remove lossy-operator RECHECK flag?
Date: 2008-04-14 02:12:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

I wrote:
> I've committed changes that move the determination of whether recheck is
> required into the index AMs. Right now, GIST and GIN just always set
> the recheck flag to TRUE. Obviously that control should be pushed down
> to the opclass consistent() functions, but I don't know that code well
> enough to be clear on exactly what should happen. Are you willing to
> do that part?

Actually, I think I figured it out. Please look over the GIST/GIN parts
of this patch and see if they're OK with you.

This is still WIP because I haven't touched any contrib code, but
as far as the main backend goes I think it's ready to apply.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
run-time-recheck-1.patch.gz application/octet-stream 16.8 KB