Re: [BUGS] BUG #2856: Jdbc 4 connector running on JDK 1.6 should

From: "Mike C(dot)" <mcbp223(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #2856: Jdbc 4 connector running on JDK 1.6 should
Date: 2007-09-28 13:13:41
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com> wrote:

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Steve Langridge wrote:

> At the present time, I am not really interested in actually using the client
> info data at all - I really just need the getClientInfo() and setClientInfo()
> to rather not raise a not-implemented exception. With the JDBC 3 driver
> under Java 1.5, there were no problems, so I presume these methods were
> implemented - it is now a real hassle since when running under Java 1.6, one
> has to use the JDBC 4 driver.

These methods are new in JDBC 4 which is why it wasn't a problem with JDBC
3. I understand that all you want is not to error, but I don't think
that's appropriate behavior for all users.

Kris Jurka

This is getting old, would you accept the naive implementation and leave the bug open until someone implements the real logic? It's really a showstopper on Glassfish / JDK 1.6

(AbstractJdbc4Connection.java)

private Properties clientInfo = null;

public void setClientInfo(String name, String value) throws SQLClientInfoException
{
if(clientInfo == null)
clientInfo = new Properties();

clientInfo.setProperty(name, value);
//throw new SQLClientInfoException("Not implemented.", null);
}

public void setClientInfo(Properties properties) throws SQLClientInfoException
{
clientInfo = properties;
//throw new SQLClientInfoException("Not implemented.", null);
}

public String getClientInfo(String name) throws SQLException
{
if(clientInfo == null)
return null;

return clientInfo.getProperty(name);
//throw org.postgresql.Driver.notImplemented(this.getClass(), "getClientInfo(String)");
}

public Properties getClientInfo() throws SQLException
{
return clientInfo;
//throw org.postgresql.Driver.notImplemented(this.getClass(), "getClientInfo()");
}

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!