Re: first time odbc

From: Marc Fromm <Marc(dot)Fromm(at)wwu(dot)edu>
To: "jsilberberg(at)mindspring(dot)com" <jsilberberg(at)mindspring(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: first time odbc
Date: 2011-03-29 20:21:44
Lists: pgsql-odbc
By editing postgresql.conf and changing listen_address = ‘*’ and editing pg_hba.conf and adding host all all my.ip.address allowed me to connect to the postgresql data base with Microsoft access.

In access I can see the table and it fields, but if I try to use the table in a querry or view the table I get an error: permission denied for relation summer_finaid; error while executing the query (#7)

Any ideas?

Also in the postgresql instead of listen_address=’*’ I tried listen_address=’localhost, my.ip.address’ but that failed to work.
How can I keep local host and only allow specific address? I don’t want to open it up to all with ‘*’