Re: Bug when retrieving money datatype.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mikko Tiihonen <mikko(dot)tiihonen(at)nitorcreations(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug when retrieving money datatype.
Date: 2011-11-30 14:36:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Mikko Tiihonen <mikko(dot)tiihonen(at)nitorcreations(dot)com> writes:
> I was planning to add the binary format support for money to the
> jdbc driver when I had some free time. It will solve all parsing
> problems related to locale and give nice speed boost at the same time.

I don't think that's exactly a magic bullet. Yes, it'll mean you don't
need to know the locale's currency symbol or what it uses for decimal
point, but how are you going to determine where the decimal point is
in the binary representation? You'll still be dependent on knowing the
server's lc_monetary locale.