INSERT INTO ... RETURNING id not behaving as expected with SQLNumResultCols

From: Ryan Pfeiffer <malice_ryan(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: INSERT INTO ... RETURNING id not behaving as expected with SQLNumResultCols
Date: 2010-10-07 04:04:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'm using Postgres 8.4.1 and psqlodbc 08.04.0200. I'm trying to execute a statement INSERT INTO table/values RETURNING id to get the serial id. Problem is, SQLNumResultCols shows that there are zero columns. The statement I used works fine in pgadmin. This seems really basic and I am somewhat new to databases and odbc, but does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,
Ryan