odbc recordset.open with adCmdTable gets entire table on call

From: Antoine <melser(dot)anton(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: odbc recordset.open with adCmdTable gets entire table on call
Date: 2006-01-27 13:41:10
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi,
I have figured out the problem to the network overload looking at the
queries via ethereal.
The problem is this:

prec_recordset.open "my_table", my_connection, adOpenStatic,
adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable

returns, as the msdn suggests it should the ENTIRE table. Or does it? With
Oracle we have been using this instruction and it doesn't return the data
for the entire table - in fact I don't think it returns very much at all. Is
there a parameter we are missing on our connection string?
Cheers
Antoine

--
This is where I should put some witty comment.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Ludek FinstrleDate: 2006-01-27 14:17:25