Re: [Gforge-admins] PgFoundry Move

From: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, Darcy Buskermolen <darcy(at)wavefire(dot)com>, gforge-admins(at)pgfoundry(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Gforge-admins] PgFoundry Move
Date: 2006-01-16 22:39:11
Lists: pgsql-www

On Jan 16, 2006, at 2:32 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> FYI, I can and do use FreeBSD. I prefer Linux.

Same here

> If the system is correctly documented and occasionally tested
> we should be able to do this.

What I'd like to see is a master svn repository for gforge code that
we use. that plus database backups would make for easy restore or
failover if we have issues. To not use source control on our changes
to the gforge code seems a bit silly. Of course this should be
isolated on a different machine than the gforge machine.

>> preferences, and decide on one. Then stick with it as much as you can
>> :-) There is absolutely no need to do a general poll of the whol
>> community, since that's definitly going to give you more than you
>> want
>> :-)
> HAHA... I can see it now:
>
> Vote for which Linux Pgfoundry will run on...
>
> The really bad thing about this is Gentoo would probably win ;)

Hey now, don't knock Gentoo. I was a slackware user since 1994 and
switched to Gentoo a few years back. I love it. It's not like it's
lfs and portage is pretty damn powerful. ;-) Don't let those
funroll-loops guys fool you, it can be serious on the server side too.

Gavin M. Roy
800 Pound Gorilla
gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net