Re: URGENT HELP about 'duration' stats

From: Filip Rembiałkowski <plk(dot)zuber(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Camilo Porto" <camiloporto(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: URGENT HELP about 'duration' stats
Date: 2007-10-27 17:12:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers
2007/10/27, Camilo Porto <camiloporto(at)hotmail(dot)com>:

> The parallelism happens even if my PC has only one processor?

PostgreSQL creates a separate process for each client connection -
whether you have one CPU or more.

> Each query is executed in a separeted Thread?
No threads, at least on Unix. Regular processes (sometimes called backends).

> I am simulating only 1 client with the Benchmark. Can 1 Client submit
> parallel queries, in single-processor enviroment?
If this client uses two connections, you can run two queries in paralell.

this chapter of documentation can be helpful:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/overview.html