Re: Postgresql 7.3.3 crashing on query

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Philipp Reisner <philipp(dot)reisner(at)linbit(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql 7.3.3 crashing on query
Date: 2003-07-30 14:00:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Philipp Reisner <philipp(dot)reisner(at)linbit(dot)com> writes:
> 0x0812f9bc in DecodeDateTime ()
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x0812f9bc in DecodeDateTime ()
> Cannot access memory at address 0xbf003030

That's a fairly large routine :-(.  Could I trouble you to rebuild with
debugging symbols (configure --enable-debug) so we can get a more exact
fix on the problem location?  While you're at it, please add
--enable-cassert too, just in case that produces any useful info.

Alternatively: maybe you can now create a simple test case.  This is
enough information to let us guess that the crash occurs while trying
to read an unusual date or timestamp input value.  Do you know what's
getting fed to the database?  If you can exhibit a crash with a test
case like "SELECT 'something odd'::timestamp", we could take it from
there.