postgres config

From: Shreya Bhargava <shreya_bhargav(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres config
Date: 2007-07-12 20:07:49
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I am new to postgresql and trying to figure out postgres.config file. There are few variables that I need an understanding about.

shared_buffers,
temp_buffers,
work_mem
maintenance_work_mem

Can anyone please explain when and how these are used? I am trying to understand the importance of these 4 while creating an index on a table. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shreya

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Kasia TuszynskaDate: 2007-07-12 20:16:21