Senior Database Engineer/Architect (Postgres, Linux)
Efficient Frontier (www.efrontier.com), a leading SEM solution provider,
is looking for a senior level engineer to develop and enhance reports
and underlying data warehouse in Sunnyvale, CA, office. Data is critical
to our business, and this position is an opportunity to take a
high-impact role working on reporting, schema design, ETL, and
performance tuning. This is a unique opportunity for those interested in
helping define and evolve the data warehouse design and strategy. You
will primarily be a hands-on contributor with ownership of design,
implementation, and deployment. You will be responsible for improving
and organizing the current architecture for better performance and
scalability, and help set the direction and define transition plans.
* Design, implementation, and deployment of reporting
functionality and data warehouse
* Enhance functionality, performance, and scalability
* End-to-end responsibility of reporting data quality and
* Work with Product Management and others in team to distill
requirements into practical solutions.
* Help set the data warehouse direction and define transition
plans, and drive necessary changes.
Minimum Job Qualifications
* 5+ years experience in high volume data environments.
* Direct hands-on experience designing and building scalable
warehouse solutions with stringent data quality and availability
requirements from ground up
* Proficiency in:
* data warehouse design,
* data modeling,
* ETL processes,
* SQL and tuning,
* Hands-on with excellent programming and troubleshooting skills;
high technical proficiency and ability to earn team's respect.
* Productively work in Postgres/Linux environment
* Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive
to team development
* Good communication skills - able to articulate technical
decisions and produce excellent technical specs.
* Detailed oriented, quality conscious, with an eye toward
* Thrive in a startup environment - learn and become productive
quickly and meet team goals, can-do attitude, able to do what it takes
to deliver. Desire to take on new challenges and deliver.
* 8+ years experience
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related areas (Master's
* Application development experience in Java, Java App Servers
(preferably Tomcat) and J2EE.
* Experience in hosted software, search engine marketing, and/or
* Experience in Python programming, Web Services (SOAP)
Efficient Frontier is an equal opportunity employer.
Please e-mail your resume to: jobs(at)efrontier(dot)com
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: decibel||Date: 2009-08-14 01:04:42|
|Subject: Fwd: [pgsql-jobs] PostgrSQL DBA (Stanford, California)|
|Previous:||From: Josh Berkus||Date: 2009-08-02 19:18:36|
|Subject: Job for Java/Postgres guru at USDA|