Senior Database Engineer/Architect (Java, Postgres, Linux)
Efficient Frontier (www.efrontier.com), a leading SEM solution provider,
is looking for a senior level engineer to develop and enhance reports
and underlying data warehouse in Sunnyvale, CA, office. Data is critical
to our business, and this position is an opportunity to take a
high-impact role working on reporting, schema design, ETL, and
performance tuning. This is a unique opportunity for those interested in
helping define and evolve the data warehouse design and strategy. You
will primarily be a hands-on contributor with end-to-end ownership
including design, implementation, and deployment. You will be
responsible for improving and organizing the current architecture for
better performance and scalability, and help set the direction and
define transition plans.
* Design, implementation, and deployment of reporting
functionality and data warehouse
* Enhance functionality, performance, and scalability
* Work with Product Management and others in team to create
* Help set the data warehouse direction and define transition
Minimum Job Qualifications
* 5+ years experience in high volume data environments.
* Proficiency in data warehouse design, SQL tuning, data modeling,
reporting, and ETL processes, preferably with Postgres.
* 2+ years application development experience in Java, Java App
Servers (preferably Tomcat) and J2EE.
* Hands-on with excellent programming and troubleshooting skills;
high technical proficiency and ability to earn team's respect.
* Productively work in a Linux environment
* Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive
to team development
* Good communication skills - able to articulate technical
decisions and produce excellent technical specs.
* Detailed oriented, quality conscious, with an eye toward
* Thrive in a startup environment - learn and become productive
quickly and meet team goals, can-do attitude, able to do what it takes
to deliver. Desire to take on new challenges and deliver.
* 5+ years experience
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related areas (Master's
* Experience in hosted software, search engine marketing, and/or
* Experience in Python programming, Web Services (SOAP)
Efficient Frontier is an equal opportunity employer.
Please e-mail your resume to: jobs(at)efrontier(dot)com(dot)
In response to
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Aditya Thatte||Date: 2009-07-21 13:48:58|
|Subject: Challenging Opportunity for Postgres professionals.|
|Previous:||From: Neel Phadnis||Date: 2009-07-20 03:32:17|
|Subject: Sr. Database Engineer/Architect (Java, Postgres, Linux) position in Sunnyvale, California|