Re: Proposal for Implenting read-only queries during wal replay (SoC 2007)

From: Paul Silveira <plabrh1(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for Implenting read-only queries during wal replay (SoC 2007)
Date: 2007-02-28 04:19:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I just wanted to voice my opinion for this feature...  I've implemented a
few Production applicaitons with PostgreSQL now and would die for that
feature.  Right now, I am constantly trying to find way's to make my data
more available.  I've even resulted to using pg_dump to create read only
copies of the database and placed them behind load balancers to make the
data more available.  Something like this would allow me to quickly leverage
a read only node to scale out the applicaiton...  If it can at all be built,
it would get my first, second and third vote. :)

Regards,

Paul Silveira