Re: Inserting a new column in between.

From: RPK <rohitprakash123(at)indiatimes(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inserting a new column in between.
Date: 2007-02-25 08:44:31
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

Andreas,

I am talking about inserting a field or changing their order in the
structure itself. In MS Access and SQL Server we have this facility. Some
times I need to shift the less important field to the last so that when I
query using:

Select * from tablename;

the un-necessary field gets displayed in the last. However, you I can ignore
that field altogether using filtered fields only in Select statement, but
still sometimes it is necessary.