Re: Problems with ALTER DOMAIN patch

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problems with ALTER DOMAIN patch
Date: 2002-12-11 04:54:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Where does that leave the patch _until_ they are created?

I'd say "it's under death sentence unless fixed before 7.4 release".
I don't want to back it out in toto right now, because that will
interfere with other edits I'm in process of making (and also Rod
included some necessary fixes to the domain-constraint patch in the
alter-domain patch; which wasn't too clean of him but it's done).

For now, please put "fix or disable ALTER DOMAIN" on the must-do-
before-7.4 part of TODO.