PostgreSQL DBA jobs at Steek/F-Secure SDC, Bordeaux, France

From: jcpraud(at)steek(dot)com
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL DBA jobs at Steek/F-Secure SDC, Bordeaux, France
Date: 2009-12-07 09:44:02
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Hi all,

Steek develops and exploits innovating technologies allowing its partners,
ISPs and telco operators, to build online storage services (ex: ).
Leader in its domain, the Steek technology allows millions users worldwide
to backup and share their data online thru a large panel of services,
mobiles and network appliances.

Development are the backbone of our solutions, frontend, backend,
databases. Our architecture varying between complexity and mystery, almost
maniacly rigorous coding and strong experience in object development are

More specificaly in our PostgreSQL databases, we're massively using stored
procedures in plperl, more and more interfaced with random calls to
distant databases via plproxy.

A pronounced taste for technology innovation is also important to
contribute to our developments and ever challenging goals.

Pre-requisites to apply to a development and architecture job at Steek:

# 2 to 5 years experience in database development and administration.
# Have a taste for good wine and stand beer.
# PostgreSQL experience is a plus.
# Be a net addict (at least 18 000 hours of surfing).
# Good level in  FPS (a Quake 3 test may be performed during recruiting
# Efficient team work.
# Handle occasionnal pressure (no more than 3 times a day).
# Be curious in technology and be innovative.
# Not fearing to drop tables and patch stored procedures on a production

Available jobs to be appointed ASAP. Send your CV and some convincing
words (not too much words) to jobs [at] steek . com
More info on:

The company counts about 50 people and is since july 2009 the Storage and
Digital Content unit of F-Secure (  800 fellows in
20 countries).

Availability: ASAP (before yesterday is a plus).

Jean-Christophe PRAUD - DBA
Steek / F-Secure Storage and Digital Content

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Kevin KempterDate: 2009-12-08 01:25:09