The bug was also there for the windows. :-(
I had to modify the commandLineCleanOption function to resolve the issue and
to make it platform-independent.
Please find the attached patch for the same.
I have made changes in the following files as described:
- Changed the definition of the "commandLineCleanOption" function
- Changed the "commandLineCleanOption" function to make it work on any
* * FUNCTION: commandLineCleanOption*
* * INPUTS:*
* * option - input string needs to be reformatted*
* * schemaObject - Is this an object related to schema?*
* * PURPOSE:*
* * - Fixup a (double-quoted) string for use on the command line*
* * 1. Schema objects needs three (slash & double-quote) combination*
* * instead of a double-quote to be used as a command-line option*
* * 2. Options other than the schema objects needs (slash & double-quote)
* * combination instead of a double-quote to be used as a command-line
* * option.*
* * i.e. CASE: Dump a table named em"p and database name tes"t having
* * xy\z. The command-line arguments for these values will be as
* * pg_dump --username "xy\\z" --table public."em\"\"\"p" "tes\"t"*
The above comments says everything about its implementation.
In order the solve this issue on 1_10_PATCHES branch, we may need to do the
Is it ok?
If yes, I can share the patch for the same.
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise Postgres Company<http://www.enterprisedb.com>
In response to
pgadmin-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Dave Page||Date: 2010-03-18 14:32:29|
|Subject: Re: PATCH: Fail to restore table/function, if it has special characters.|
|Previous:||From: svn||Date: 2010-03-18 12:41:42|
|Subject: SVN Commit by dpage: r8231 - trunk/pgadmin3|