Re: Patch for "Panel for Joins in the Graphic Query Builder"

From: "Ashesh Vashi" <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch for "Panel for Joins in the Graphic Query Builder"
Date: 2008-12-02 08:02:04
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave Page,

Please find the updated patch.

Wow - that's a whole lot more code than I was expecting (and explains
why it took somewhat longer than I planned). What I meant, was that I
just wanted a replacement dialogue for the existing one. What you've
done is reimplement the join handling, in what I think is a *much*
nicer way :-)

Thanks

The only issues I've seen while testing (on Windows), are:

- The Join label doesn't update on the diagram if you change the join
type unless you click on the drawing canvas afterwards.

Done
Only issue, I can see with the combobox within the Grid, is until you loose
the focus
(by either pressing return or moving to other cell), the value is not
getting updated
for that particular join

- Selecting a join should select the corresponding row in the list.

In fact, I implemented this feature on double click.
Now onwards,
* For single left click, row will be selected, but the "joins panel" will be
activate.
* For double left click, "Joins panel" will be selected and the
corresponding row in
the list too.

- You are missing updates to include/images/module.mk and
include/gqb/module.mk. The images should also be added to the VC++
project file.

Done

Thanks & Regards,
Ashesh Vashi