COPY from

From: Mike <1100100(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: COPY from
Date: 2010-02-10 23:46:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

Using Postgresql ver. 8.3.7

I made a database called "receivables."
I made a table called "invoice."
The second column in table "invoice" is called "matter_num" and has a
data type of "numeric(5,0)".
When I try to copy data from .csv file to table "invoice" I receive
the following error message:

ERROR: missing data for column "matter_num"

But there are numbers (4 digits in length) throughout the whole column
of the .csv file.

I tried removing all the (") delimiters, but copy failed with the same
error message.

What am I missing?
Thank you for your help.

Mike