moving a database.

From: LWATCDR <lwatcdr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: moving a database.
Date: 2008-01-10 15:45:36
Lists: pgsql-novice
I have an old postgres 7.1 data base that I must migrate to a new
server running 8.2.6.
The problem is everything I have tried has failed. The database has
blobs in it but other than that it is pretty simple.
So my question is what command line should I use to try and migrate
this old database to the new server?
I set up the old one years ago and it frankly has just worked but I
have to move it to a new machine and I am way out of practice.
So what command line should I use on the new server to try and copy
the database from the old server?

pgsql-novice by date