pg_dump 8.3 changes from 8.2

From: "Denison Wright" <denisonwright(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump 8.3 changes from 8.2
Date: 2008-05-11 18:12:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Hi,

I had a command that I used with Postgresql 8.2 that stopped working once I
upgraded to 8.3.
I am running Postgresql 8.3 on Windows Vista with the following basic
configuration:

- database: mydb
- user: mydbuser
- password: mydbpassword
- schema:myschema
- table: mytable

When I run the following commands:

>set PGPASSWORD=mydbpassword
>pg_dump mydb -U mydbuser -a -f backup.sql -F plain -t 'myschema.mytable'

I get the following error now: "pg_dump: too many command-line arguments"

Then, I tried the following to see what would happen:

>set PGPASSWORD=mydbpassword
>set PGDATABASE=mydb
>pg_dump --username=mydbuser --format=p --table='myschema.mytable' --verbose
--data-only --file=backup.sql

Error:
dump: No matching tables were found
dump: *** aborted because of error

Does anyone know if there were changes from 8.2 to 8.3 that would cause the
above command to stop working? I couldn't tell from the 8.3 documentation
online.
If something changed, what is the appropriate parameter sequence to make
that work?

Thanks,

Denison