Re: pgAdmin3 bug

From: Stephen Oberholtzer <oliverklozoff(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin3 bug
Date: 2004-08-18 14:07:50
Lists: pgadmin-support
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:18:42 +0000, Andreas Pflug
<pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de> wrote:
> Stephen Oberholtzer wrote:
> > I downloaded the latest win32 version - dated 8/17, although the
> > executable was dated 8/15?
>
> This is correct, the new snapshot includes an old executable, with new docs.
> >
> > However, the little preview window that shows the script to recreate
> > the table gets a teeny little bit overzealous with the quote marks:
> >
> > GRANT SELECT ON TABLE foo TO "\""stevie-o\""";
>
> Don't enter " in the name field. pgAdmin adds them as required.

I didn't enter " in the name field.  The login name is stevie-o.
Because the hyphen is treated as a token separator, the grant
statement (as SQL) needs to look like this:

GRANT SELECT ON TABLE foo TO "stevie-o"

But when pgAdmin3 tries to show the SQL that would recreate table foo,
 it appears to be adding two additional pairs of quotation marks.

--
-- Stevie-O
Real programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE