Re: disk space usage unexpected

From: "Rose Zhou" <rose(at)anatec(dot)com>
To: "'Ben Chobot'" <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: disk space usage unexpected
Date: 2010-02-17 18:43:46
Lists: pgsql-performance

Vacuum Full Verbose did not get the disk space back to OS, it did bloat my
indexes, also got out of memory error. I dumped the suspicious table,
deleted it, re-created it, then restored the data and re-indexed the data,
so I got the disk space back.

To avoid the database eating up the disk space again, I have adjusted the
autovacuum parameters, to make it keep up with the updates.

Not sure if this is the right way to solve this kind of problem.

Best Regards

Rose Zhou

_____