Ответ: [BUGS] reproducable command ?==?koi8-r?Q?sequence to get "mdopen: Couldn't open..."

From: "Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev(at)SECTORBASE(dot)COM>
To: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Ответ: [BUGS] reproducable command ?==?koi8-r?Q?sequence to get "mdopen: Couldn't open..."
Date: 2000-10-16 07:50:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs
	>>Making ALTER TABLE RENAME abort-safe requires changing the
conventions
	>>for naming physical table files, and the details have been
sufficiently
	>>controversial that it's not been done yet.  In the meantime our
only
	>>choices are to forbid ALTER TABLE RENAME within transaction
blocks, or
	>>allow it with the knowledge that people can shoot themselves in
the foot
	>>with it.  The above warning notice is the current compromise.
	>
	> Is it going to be in 7.1? If not, it might be worth disabling in
TX blocks
	> since a mistyped SQL query can cause an aborted transaction,
something that
	> is somewhat counter-intuitive. Maybe the message should be
expanded to say:

	Just couple days ago I've said that right now I implement
	new file naming because of this is required by WAL. As additional
	result ALTER TABLE RENAME will not rename files any more and so will
	be rollback-able. Please wait ~ 1 day -:)

	Vadim

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Alexander YurovDate: 2000-10-16 09:47:04