Re: PGCon 2008 RFP

From: Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGCon 2008 RFP
Date: 2008-12-29 20:35:56
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Dec 29, 2008, at 3:31 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Event organizers _say_ the slides will be online, but that is often
> weeks/months after the conference, if at all, and they often can't
> _force_ presenters to submit their slides.

Some presenters are better than others. And they get their slides
up on time too.

<fairy tale>
If we have enough volunteers: speakers will be accosted in the
lecture hall just before their talk. The attacker will have a USB drive
and will not let the presenter speak until they supply a copy of the
slides.
</fairy tale>

Said attacker will then upload the slides during the talk.

Insert applause here.

Idea blatantly stolen from stories I've been told.

--
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/