I'd like to post this position to your website.
Lead Data Base Administrator
New York, NY - Full Time
The lead DBA will take responsibility of support and management of the
enterprise-wide PostgreSQL Databases in live, development and test
The lead DBA will work closely with the system engineers, Service desk,
and software engineering on database related projects, interfaces and
The successful incumbent will manage and maintain backup and recovery
plans, implement and maintain database security, perform capacity
planning, performance optimization, and will be part of a follow the sun
service support function as well to an on call rotation support.
* Experience at an eCommerce provider in a technical lead
* Administration of production PostgreSQL and MySQL databases in
high-availability environment deployed across multiple datacenters.
* Provide system engineering, administration, installation,
configuration management, performance tuning and capacity planning.
* Ensuring overall performance, availability and reliability of
all live databases in conformance with service level agreements (SLA)
and best practices.
* Development and document standards, policies and procedures for
* Lead collaboration with Development group to identify software
bottlenecks and optimizations
* Drive System Administration group to identify hardware
bottlenecks and to establish server configurations.
* Responsibility for managing/supporting data within the databases
itself including data analysis, reporting or investigation, mitigation,
* Assist in the mentoring and coaching of less senior level
database team members
* Have worked in 24 x 7 environments and willingness to be part of
* Deep expertise in PostgreSQL and MySQL- Certification in a major
DB a plus.
* Experience with MongoDB is desired
* Exposure to Solr or similar search technologies is a plus.
* Effective problem-solving skills in a high pressure, demanding
environment, specifically the ability to assess situations, evaluate
options, make decisions, draw conclusions, and exercise judgment.
* Experience in being part of an on call rotation providing 24x7
support for production database issues
* Experience in planning and executing database server
installations, database migration, upgrades, patches
* Experience in managing and maintaining backup and recovery
plans, database security, capacity planning, performance tuning
* Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, (any
type) or a related field
* Database architecture and design skills
* Team players who can both lead and work collaboratively in a
* Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal
* Years of experience required: 8+
5 West 37th Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10018
GSA Contract Holder 03F-0139W
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Joni Burton||Date: 2012-03-22 16:12:40|
|Subject: Career Opportunity for Senior PostGreSQL DBA/Architect|
|Previous:||From: Ben Chobot||Date: 2012-03-14 23:24:20|
|Subject: Full-Time DBA opening in Seattle|