Re: Documentation for Protocol= connection string option

From: "Andrus" <kobruleht2(at)hot(dot)ee>
To: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Documentation for Protocol= connection string option
Date: 2008-11-18 17:22:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hiroshi,

Thank you for reply.
Yes, I meant that documentation if defficient: possible values for Protocol
option are not documented anywhere.

I use Protocol=-0  in my application and hope thet this disables any
automatic transaction handling.

Probably - means to use latest protocol and 0 NOP level of rollback
according to your old message in
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2006-05/msg00078.php

I'd like to see official doc for this, Protocol= possible values and their
meanings.

There the association of Protocol digits with rollback levels are not
documented anywhere.

usageof of minus prefix in Protocol parameter is also not documented.

Andrus.