Re: Configuring a Large RAM PostgreSQL Server

From: Alex Hochberger <alex(at)dsgi(dot)us>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Configuring a Large RAM PostgreSQL Server
Date: 2007-11-29 19:21:10
Lists: pgsql-performance
It's not on rebuilding the index, it's on CREATE INDEX.

I attribute it to wrong setting, Ubuntu bizarre-ness, and general
problems.

We need new hardware, the servers are running on aging
infrastructure, and we decided to get a new system that will last us
the next 3-4 years all at once.

But many large queries are getting Out of Memory errors.

Alex