Mac OS-X and Key Bindings

From: Raimund Sacherer <raimund(dot)sacherer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Mac OS-X and Key Bindings
Date: 2008-02-27 14:55:23
Lists: pgadmin-support

hello, i have the same problem as stated in this message (cannot reply
to this because i just signed up today):

On Feb 12, 2008 6:02 PM, Laurent Yaish <laurenty ( at ) gmail ( dot )
com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Would it be possible to change the pgAdmin keyboard shortcuts for
OS X
> to make use of common Mac shorcuts?
> Some examples:
> - in the Query window, Cmd + arrow would be great instead of the
> current Fn + arrow to navigate to beggining or end of a line/document
> - Cmd + w to close a window

The query tool ones may well be out of our hands as the
wxStyledTextControl handles most of the editting grunt work. The other
ones are on the TODO already :-)

and a quick-google after wxStyledTextControl delivers:
http://www.yellowbrain.com/stc/keymap.html
---- SNIP ----
wxStyledTextCtrl - Key Mapping and Execution
• CmdKeyAssign
• CmdKeyClear
• CmdKeyClearAll
• CmdKeyExecute
---- SNIP ----
backgrounder:

The STC has a default mapping between certain keys and functions. This
is simplified/summarized below, but also see the source files: contrib/
src/stc/Scintilla/src/KeyMap.cxx and contrib/src/stc/Scintilla/include/
Scintilla.iface.

The actual keystroke mappings occur in a platform-adaptation layer,
e.g., see contrib/src/stc/ScintillaWx.cpp.

So, if i would have more time i would dig into this and create some
better KeyMappings (either through definition in file, or through
inline modification via CmdKeyAssign ...) for the Control for OSX, but
i am currently swamped with work ...

but maybe another guy can have a look on it, or i will check it in a
few weeks/month ....

best regards

Raimund Sacherer