I am NOT a programmer!

From: "Shawn Matthews" <shawntmatthews(dot)mba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: I am NOT a programmer!
Date: 2012-05-10 12:43:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

I tried to install PostgreSQL as part of a package install of Open Portfolio
Manager, from Sourceforge.net.  The trouble is, I am not a programmer or
even have significant IT experience.  I was trying to install OPPM in order
to organize my daily business, which is project based.  My boss has refused
to pay for any management system, and so I started looking around for an
open source solution that I can install on all of our computers.

My question is a two-tiered one.

1.	Do I have to be a programmer to install PostgreSQL, working from the
C prompt?
2.	If so, where should I start to learn any of these basics so that I
can get up and running as quickly as possible.

I have some interest in learning programming, but am bewildered with where
to start or how to organize a learning schedule.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: John W. KitzDate: 2012-05-10 13:48:49