SYSID mismatch

From: Tom Cleaveland <tcleaveland(at)intermapper(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SYSID mismatch
Date: 2012-03-20 20:54:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

I'm puzzled by a SYSID mismatch I'm seeing on my system. I have a service that fires up PostgreSQL without problems, using pg_ctl via a python script. However, if I execute "pg_ctl start" from a command line I get an error stating that the WAL file SYSID differs from the pg_control SYSID. The service uses my login, so I don't expect permissions are an issue. I've verified that the same data directory is being used in both attempts, but the service succeeds and a manual start fails. Does anyone have a pointer as to what I'm missing?

Tech Info:
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
PostgreSQL 8.3.15

Thanks very much,