Re: PgAgent Job Scheduling-Backup

From: "Jayakumar_Mukundaraju" <Jayakumar_Mukundaraju(at)satyam(dot)com>
To: "Vishal Arora" <aroravishal22(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <ashish(dot)karalkar(at)info-spectrum(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PgAgent Job Scheduling-Backup
Date: 2007-07-16 11:51:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear Vishal/Ashish,

Sorry to say that... Kindly give me the steps in widows format please...
I done as per your steps only..

1. step i done it .. Its ran fine..
2. step also i done it. ( I replace the path of pgAgent from C:\Program Files\Postgresql to D:\Program Files),
3. Login using Postgres user account in windows.:- it is working fine.
4. Try to access pgAdmin III tool in that login. :- This is also working fine ..I can connect with pgAdmin III
5. Login back to your normal account. :- Yes i login back in my normal account and password
6. Start pgAgent service using the following command on command prompt
* Net start pgAgent :- Yes here only i face a problem the error is (C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\bin> Net start pgAgent
the error is "The Service did not start due to a logon failure."

7. Create a new job using PgAdmin III :- Yes i created One new job here.
8. Under step tab click Add to add new step.
* Specify some name:- Yes here i given BACKUP
* Kind - SQL / Batch depending upon the kind of job to be performed. : - Yes here i selected SQL only.
* Database on which the job is to be performed. :- Yes i selected database name.
* Definition tab would contain a SQL command if kind selected is SQL: Yes here i given pg_dump <database name> to D:\AGBACKUP\AG.SQL
* Definition tab would contain path of Batch file if kind selected is Batch

9) Under Schedule tab in Job window click Add to add new schedule for the
job
* Specify some name : Yes here i given BCKP1
* Specify the start date & time:- Yes i given start date and time
* Specify the end date and time :- Yes i given end date and time
* Specify days or weekdays, months when the task needs to be performed in
days tab :- Yes i given monday,wednesday,Friday
* Specify time hours & Minutes when you want the task to be performed.
(Atleast One hour & minute to be selected.) :- Yes i given One hour and 30mnts
* Specify exception if any when you do not want the task to be performed. :- No i didn't give any thing..

Kindly guide me ....

Thanks & Regards
Jayakumar M