Re: Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!

From: Rob Napier <rob(at)doitonce(dot)net(dot)au>
To: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!
Date: 2012-08-08 02:17:28
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

You're right. I meant the manual. And I agree. It is well written for its audience.

But my reference to object- relational was just intended as an example of what you DB professionals live with day in and day out.but we, the great unwashed, do find it difficult to get started.

Citing individual successes misses the point. The success of MySQL, FileMaker, Access et al proves that there is a big market opportunity being missed.

No, those applications don't interest the experts but it adds indirectly to the overall success of the product.

I wonder what percentage of developers started out with Access.

Rob Napier