Re: Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry

From: Alexey Klyukin <alexk(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry
Date: 2011-05-20 21:31:06
Lists: pgsql-www

On May 20, 2011, at 4:33 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> 2011/5/20 Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>:

>>> I'm wondering what are these 'inappropriate' packages. Any examples?
>>
>> The OLEDB driver. pgInstaller. StackBuilder all spring to mind.
>
> In fact, if you look at the toplist on the frontpage of the pgfoundry
> site, I think most of those are not the kind of stuff that belongs on
> pgxn...

Well, I don't see any reasons blocking you from putting stuff like oledb provider or npgsql into PGXN. It's not just for extensions built via PGXS, but for almost any kind of postgres extensions. The pgInstaller or Stackbuilder are probably not appropriate for PGXN, but there are not so many postgres installers out there.

--
Alexey Klyukin