PostgreSQL Position

From: "Matthew Haver" <Matthew(at)kaizenstaffing(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Position
Date: 2007-01-17 23:01:36
Lists: pgsql-jobs

PostgreSQL Database Developer

This position involves creating tables, views, and functions to support
front end OLTP and reporting applications. The ideal developer will have
thorough knowledge of SQL (PL/pgSQL), some experience with at least one
other PostgreSQL language (e.g. PL/Perl), significant experience with at
least one commercial database, and extensive experience with complex
functions/stored procedures, code optimization, and index tuning in
PostgreSQL.

Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:

* 3+ years database development with PostgreSQL
* Some knowledge of at least one other language in addition to PL/pgSQL,
such as PL/Perl or PL/Java.
* 4+ years database development with SQL Server 2000, Oracle 9i/10g, or
another comparable commercial database.
* Significant background in creating complex functions/stored procedures
and SQL scripts
* Understanding of database normalization concepts
* Some experience in logical and physical database design and
implementation
* Prior experience working in a project oriented environment and meeting
deadlines under tight time constraints
* Strong analytical skills
* Capable of working independently with minimal supervision

This position is in San Diego, CA. The company will pay for relo for a
strong candidate from out of the area. The position pays 70-83k, but
there may be some flex on that for a strong candidate (I'll represent
you at any pay range if you have the right skills and experience). If
you are not interested but you know someone who would be please let me
know. We pay finder fees for referred candidates. Please send resumes
to my email address below and I'll follow up with you. I'm in the
office early and late so I can talk any time.

Thanks,

Matthew Haver
Branch Manager
Kaizen Staffing - "Continuous Improvement"
858-866-2632 - Direct Line
800-691-3075 x2632 - Toll Free
858-270-8999 - Fax
matthew(at)kaizenstaffing(dot)com