Re: Beta 2 start problem on OS X

From: Jyrki Wahlstedt <jyrki(dot)wahlstedt(at)hut(dot)fi>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Beta 2 start problem on OS X
Date: 2007-07-30 21:47:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On 30.7.2007, at 22.59, Dave Page wrote:

> Jyrki Wahlstedt wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I built b2 on OS X succesfully. However, trying to run it leads to an
>> immediate crash with the following:
>
> :-(
>
>> I expect to find the cause later, but if someone finds it
>> immediately,
>> it would be nice. It could have something to do with some of the
>> libraries, but I am not sure. Build itself goes fine, but …
>> (wxWidgets
>> in MacPorts does currently not have the --enable-mimetype=no
>> configure
>> option mentioned in the instructions, though I'd guess it is not
>> essential, which may be wrong)
>
> No, the mimetype option is unlikely to make any noticeable
> difference in
> reality.
That's what I thought…

> What configure option were used for wxWidgets, PostgreSQL and pgAdmin?
> What version of each were used exactly?
This is easy, though longish (all configure options are defined in
MacPorts Portfiles):
wxWidgets: 2.8.4
configured with --mandir=${prefix}/share/man \
                             --with-libiconv-prefix=${prefix} \
                             --with-libjpeg \
                             --with-libtiff \
                             --with-libpng \
                             --with-zlib \
                             --with-sdl \
                             --with-opengl \
                             --with-mac \
                             --disable-sdltest \
                             --enable-unicode \
                             --enable-display \
                             --enable-monolithic

PostgreSQL: 8.2.4
configured with   --sysconfdir=${prefix}/etc/${name} \
                                 --bindir=${libdir}/bin \
                                 --libdir=${libdir} \
                                 --includedir=${prefix}/include/$
{name} \
                                 --datadir=${prefix}/share/${name} \
                                 --mandir=${prefix}/share/man \
                                 --without-docdir \
                                 --with-includes=${prefix}/include \
                                 --with-libraries=${prefix}/lib \
                                 --with-openssl \
                                 --with-bonjour \
                                 --with-readline \
                                 --with-zlib \
                                 --enable-thread-safety \
                                 --enable-integer-datetimes

pgAdmin: 1.8.0 beta2
configured with--with-pgsql=${worksrcpath}/postgresql82 \
     --with-wx=${prefix} \
     --with-wx-version=2.8 \
     --with-libxml2=${prefix} \
     --with-libxslt=${prefix} \
     --enable-appbundle

> Finally, I have seen a complete clean and rebuild cause crashes to
> mysteriously vanish never to be seen again on my Mac - have you
> tried that?

I'll do that eventually.

> Regards, Dave.
Thanks for the help!

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386