Starting / Stopping Postgres Database

From: "Marc Abbott" <MarcA(at)Medscheme(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Starting / Stopping Postgres Database
Date: 2008-09-26 04:40:40
Lists: pgsql-novice

This email is subject to a disclaimer which may be found by connecting to www.medscheme.co.za and clicking on the "Terms of Use" link.
Alternatively, the disclaimer can be emailed to you by sending a blank email to "meds_disclaimer(at)medscheme(dot)co(dot)za".

Good Day

I need to allow sysadmins to start and stop the database through a
front-end application but I do not want to use the postgres user. Is
there a privilege I can grant to a current role they already have access
to? Or is there some sort of config that needs to be done in the config
files to allow this? We will only allow these commands to be executed by
certain Ip addresses to keep it as secure as possible.

Your help is appreciated.

Regards

Marc